Stay in touch! Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest WLMH news, updates and progress towards building the new hospital.
CT scanner on the horizon
In January, HHS announced an exciting partnership with Siemens to procure, maintain and renew our diagnostic imaging equipment. A CT scanner for WLMH is a priority and we are pleased to be moving forward with this work. Read more about the scanner.
Expert planning consultants coming on board
We’re excited to be onboarding a functional programmer and cost consultants for the new build! These experts have done a lot of work in Ontario hospitals, including with HHS, and have a wealth of knowledge around provincial hospital design, accessibility, and building standards. Contracts are still being signed, but here’s a reminder about what they will be doing at this stage of the WLMH rebuild.
Renovations well underway
The past year was busy around WLMH with many large projects taking place at the same time. Thank you to everyone who has been working to create a safe hospital for patients, staff and physicians, until a new one is built. We’re 75% complete!
• Two boilers installed
• One diesel generator installed
• Fuel tanks installed
• Front and central elevators updated
• New air handling units – L&D, ED, laboratory medicine
• Obstetrics renovations
• New fire alarm upgrade completed
• Commissioning of second generator – April
• Installation of cooling towers – May
• OR and endoscopy renovations – August
• Lighting upgrade – 85% complete