Stay in touch! Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest WLMH news, updates and progress towards building the new hospital.
Designing the New Hospital
The Government of Ontario approved the next step toward rebuilding West Lincoln Memorial Hospital (WLMH). The new hospital will include in-patient care, an emergency department, maternal and newborn services, day surgery, endoscopy, diagnostic services and ambulatory services.
Detailed plans are being created and will be complete by fall 2020 or sooner. Everyone is working to get shovels in the ground as quickly as possible. Get the full story.
Operating Room Renovations Are on Time
Work is underway to fix the operating rooms (OR) and endoscopy area to meet all required safety and infection control standards. Here’s what’s happening:
• Design work is done
• Hazmat assessment is done
• Documentation submitted to the local Building Department
• Start construction in spring 2020
• Complete construction through the summer
• Re-open the operating rooms in the fall
There is a nationwide shortage of OR nurses, so we are training our own to help increase the number of OR nurses at WLMH. Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) will pay and train 4 successful nurse applicants to gain the special skills needed to work in the operating room.
• Program designed and supported by the nurses union
• Positions listed and interviews underway
• Complete selection process
• Training will start February 2020