Process for full submissions opens in July, successful team will be announced spring 2022
Today, Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) announced that three teams have been prequalified to design, build and finance the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital (WLMH) redevelopment project.
Teams were prequalified based on criteria identified in a request for qualifications process that began in November 2020. Selection criteria included design and construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and scope.
The prequalified teams and their prime team members are:
AMICO SACYR ALLIANCE
• Applicant Lead: Amico Design Build Inc. (50%), Sacyr Construction S.A (50%)
• Design Team: IBI Group Architects Canada
• Construction Team: Amico Design Build Inc. (50%), Sacyr Construction S.A (50%)
• Financial Advisor: Operis Business Engineering Limited
ELLISDON INFRASTRUCTURE HEALTHCARE
• Applicant Leads: EllisDon Corporation
• Design Team: Parkin Architects Limited
• Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
• Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
POMERLEAU HEALTHCARE PARTNERS
• Applicant Lead: Pomerleau Inc.
• Design Team: Cumulus Architects Inc, WalterFedy
• Construction Team: Pomerleau Inc.
• Financial Advisor: Pomerleau Inc.
A request for proposals (RFP) is expected to be issued to these prequalified teams in summer 2021. Once submissions are received, IO and HHS Sciences will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred team and then negotiate a final contract. The successful team is expected to be announced in spring 2022. A fairness monitor will oversee the entire procurement process.
“The WLMH RFQ generated interest from leading private-sector teams who want to bring this exciting project to life. Together with Infrastructure Ontario, we are encouraged by the quality of submissions received and look forward to seeing the full proposals from the shortlisted teams in the coming months. By this time next year, the successful design-build team will be selected; one of the final pieces before getting shovels into the ground.”
Kelly Campbell, VP Corporate Services and Capital Development, Hamilton Health Sciences
“The selection of three highly qualified teams to move on to the request for proposals stage is a significant project milestone. Through IO’s P3 process, we are confident these teams will submit competitive bids that will result in the delivery of a state-of-the-art hospital to serve West Niagara for years to come. We are delighted to once again partner with Hamilton Health Sciences as we set our collective sights toward breaking ground in spring 2022.”
Angela Clayton, President, Project Delivery, Infrastructure Ontario
“This is good news for Niagara West residents who have worked hard with HHS and WLMH team to ensure that this new facility moves forward. The Ontario government is committed to delivering this important project for Niagara West; and investing in healthcare across our region. My thanks goes to all who have put so much work into getting to this point, and my congratulations goes to those who have pre-qualified for this infrastructure build. I will keep supporting this build in any way I can!”
Sam Oosterhoff, MPP, Niagara West
• Sign up for the monthly community newsletter to receive important news, updates and developments at the WLMH site.